Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Homecoming

We hadn't seen Steph in 9 months and finally it was time for her to come home. Since her unit was from all over the states she and another soldier flew into the local airport. It did not take a brain surgeon to pick out the other military family. They were the ones with balloons and flags and jumping all over the place. Since we were military families we were allowed to go back to the gate where they would deplane. We were so excited! Finally the plane taxis in and I can see Steph coming down aisle, I am waving my arm off and she is just looking at me, I am thinking this is strange and then I could see all the tears running down her face. I ran up and grabbed her and what happened,her nose hits my forehead and she gets a bloody nose. I could hear everyone grimmace when contact was made but we didn't care and suddenly everyone was hugging us and offering to take pictures and yes,just like the Budweiser commercal people stopped and applauded her all the way to the car. Finally our baby was home!

1 comment: