Monday, February 23, 2009

The rest of the story

Mark and I had attended a military conference in Chicago. We were setting in an airport bar when Mark got into a conversation with 2 men setting behind us. They asked what we had been doing in Chicago and we told them we had been to a military conference. Now the military drills into your head not to tell strangers where your soldiers are and most of the time we adheared to this policy but these 2 men did not look like terrorist and I was probably never going to see them again. I told them Steph was stationed in Afghanistan and that she worked around the airport. Well,little did I know that these 2 men were soldiers from Minnasota and they were on their way to Afghanistan to check on the soldiers in their command. They told me if I wrote Steph a note they would see that she got it. I told her we loved her and we could not wait to see her. Weeks went by and Steph never mentioned the letter and I fiqured they must have forgetten. Steph surprised us by coming home on leave early and she mentioned that the very plane she left Afghanstan on held 2 men with a note from her mom. Steph was very suprised to get a personal letter hand delivered

1 comment:

  1. I just love your stories! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete