Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What I learned during deployment


What I learned
Little did I know when Steph joined the Army it was join the Army and get my mom free. Here is what I learned during her(our) deployment.The Star Spangled banner is more than words on paper or something we sing before a football game.That Freedom is not free is more than a catch phrase.That I have a voice and I took my message to everyone who would listen and that speaking to large crowds no longer intimates me.That no one messes with mom when it comes to her 56 kids.That people are stupid,no she can't come home whenever she feels like it and yes they deploy people with kids.That no one understands you like another mother.That when you cry for no reason your friends understand.Thats you don't sleep,the minute the phone rings or the computer buzzes you are out of bed like a shot.That the American soldier by Toby Keith always brought tears to my eyes.That I would be buying total strangers underwear.That when given a purpose I am completely driven.That is no longer about me but my 56 kids and one dog and what they need.That I can pack a care package so well with the appropiate forms that I could probably work for the post office.That I would drive hundreds of miles to spend the afternoon with a soldiers wife and his family.That total strangers would reach out to me in the airport,but thats another story.And I quess finally I am proud and always have been of my daughter and I am a better American

3 comments:

  1. that was beautiful robin. you need to be commended for your sacrifice too!! military mommys and daddys set just as much of an example of patriotism as their children!!... great thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are very few people like you and I'm glad I know you. You make me a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world!
    God bless the USA and the sacrifice your family gave to keep us Free.

    ReplyDelete